Food SA has a dynamic team of staff, all experienced in the food industry and includes well established offices in Adelaide, Japan and China, who offer expert support to SA food companies moving into and expanding in these markets.
Catherine Barnett, CEO
- Executive Officer of Flavour SA for 6 years.
- Involved in a portfolio of board roles covering a range of sectors including seafood and forestry.
- Established marketing consultancy in 1997 working with clients across a range of areas including marketing, events, strategic planning and project management.
- Qualifications include a degree in Marketing.
Linda Kwok, Industry Development
- Extensive experience in providing advice, support and facilitation in all areas associated with the development of the food industry. Possess strong understanding of the food industry, business systems and food clusters in South Australia.
- Quick to identify key barriers to growth, propose solutions and networks to resolve issues, and ensure access to government and commercial resources, technology and best practice experience.
- Over 20 years experience in the private sector including IT Software, business owner – retail, mining, hotel & restaurant
- Over 20 years experience in the public sector as a business/export advisor, industry development – food.
Mary Ferguson, Industry Development
- Owner of Epicurious, a premium food marketing business specialising in packaged food branding and labelling and national & international food distribution, since 2000.
- Extensive experience in primary, manufacturing and retail food sectors.
- Roles in seafood Export Management, and Business and Industry Development across a broad product range.
- Previous Buyer/Manager of David Jones Foodhall.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management and Marketing.
Nicole Phillips, Communications and Web
- Over six years with PIRSA responsible for marketing of the SA Food Plan including Food-e-News, Food Talk magazine and SA Food Centre website.
- Specialising in a broad range of communication areas including publications, web, social media, communication strategy and marketing.
- Qualifications includes degrees in Marketing and Multimedia.
Nicola Kelly, Project and Events
- Extensive experience in project and event management, export development, international tradeshows, and stakeholder engagement.
- Over nine years experience in both private and public sectors, with a focus on food and wine.
- Tertiary qualifications in project management, marketing and management.
Katie Porter, Business Development
- International market development for the Australian Dairy Industry focusing on Japan and South East Asian markets.
- Event coordination and management of inbound and outbound visits in Australia and across Asia.
- Four years’ experience in China working and studying, including the Australian Public Service, VIP protocol and event coordination at the Shanghai World Expo and international marketing for a leading South Australian University.
- Double degree in International Studies and Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies and Chinese).
Wendy Whiley, Administration and Events
- Specialising in human resources/recruitment, as well as marketing roles for Diabetes SA, Entrée Recruitment and UniSA Student Association.
- Qualifications in Visual Communication and Marketing
- Runs a small home based Patisserie.
Tim Tanaka, Representative Japan Office
- Based in Osaka, Japan, Tim has strong international experience and background in trade.
- Previous experiences as a JTB domestic tour operator and has managed the Food SA office in Japan since 2000.
- Has specialist expertise in the seafood and citrus industries.
- Graduated from Toyo University in 1996 with English and Business. Also studied in Adelaide, Australia at TAFE SA completing an Advanced diploma of Tourism in 2000.
Tony Wang, Director China Office
- Based in Shanghai, China, Tony has strong international living, working experience and background and has been a professional international trading consultant and business owner for over 12 years.
- Specifically targeting to the China agri and foods industry, Tony has spent most of his time helping international agri and food companies marketing and sales efforts in China, with profound experience and knowledge about China policy, market, products, channels, consumer’s preference and more.
- Strong experience on North American and Australian products, familiar with China major QSR, main food manufactories and retailers.
- Excellent track record with most customers gaining substaintial business growth in China.
- Graduated from Shanghai University, with a Bachelor in Business Management.