Food SA has a dynamic team of staff, all experienced in the food industry and includes well established offices in Adelaide, Japan and China, who offer expert support to SA food companies moving into and expanding in these markets.
Catherine Barnett, CEO
- Executive Officer of Flavour SA for 6 years.
- Involved in a portfolio of board roles covering a range of sectors including seafood and forestry.
- Established marketing consultancy in 1997 working with clients across a range of areas including marketing, events, strategic planning and project management.
- Qualifications include a degree in Marketing.
Silvia Estrada-Flores, Program Manager, Competitive Foods Initiative
- Experienced project/program manager and food chain specialist, with a career of over 17 years in R&D, New Product Development, technical and commercial consultancy.
- Highly strategic, analytical thinker, engaged by top international and national organisations for provision of technical expertise in food, agriculture, cold chain/refrigeration technologies, managing innovation, food safety and sustainable food supply chains.
- Over 30 articles published in scientific journals, conference proceedings and food trade magazines.
- Tertiary and Postgraduate qualifications in Food Business Management, Carbon Management and Process & Environmental Technology.
Linda Kwok, Industry Development
- Extensive experience in providing advice, support and facilitation in all areas associated with the development of the food industry. Possess strong understanding of the food industry, business systems and food clusters in South Australia.
- Quick to identify key barriers to growth, propose solutions and networks to resolve issues, and ensure access to government and commercial resources, technology and best practice experience.
- Over 20 years experience in the private sector including IT Software, business owner – retail, mining, hotel & restaurant
- Over 20 years experience in the public sector as a business/export advisor, industry development – food.
Mary Ferguson, Industry Development
- Owner of Epicurious, a premium food marketing business specialising in packaged food branding and labelling and national & international food distribution, since 2000.
- Extensive experience in primary, manufacturing and retail food sectors.
- Roles in seafood Export Management, and Business and Industry Development across a broad product range.
- Previous Buyer/Manager of David Jones Foodhall.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management and Marketing.
Nicole Phillips, Digital and Marketing Communications
- Over six years with PIRSA responsible for marketing of the SA Food Plan including Food-e-News, Food Talk magazine and SA Food Centre website.
- Specialising in a broad range of communication areas including publications, web, social media, communication strategy and marketing.
- Qualifications includes degrees in Marketing and Multimedia.
Wendy Whiley, Operations and Administration
- Specialising in human resources/recruitment, as well as marketing roles for Diabetes SA, Entrée Recruitment and UniSA Student Association.
- Qualifications in Visual Communication and Marketing. Currently studying a Master of Visual Arts.
- Runs a small home based Patisserie.
Tim Tanaka, Representative Japan Office
- Based in Osaka, Japan, Tim has strong international experience and background in trade.
- Previous experiences as a JTB domestic tour operator and has managed the Food SA office in Japan since 2000.
- Has specialist expertise in the seafood and citrus industries.
- Graduated from Toyo University in 1996 with English and Business. Also studied in Adelaide, Australia at TAFE SA completing an Advanced diploma of Tourism in 2000.
Tony Wang, Director China Office
- Based in Shanghai, China, Tony has strong international living, working experience and background and has been a professional international trading consultant and business owner for over 12 years.
- Specifically targeting to the China agri and foods industry, Tony has spent most of his time helping international agri and food companies marketing and sales efforts in China, with profound experience and knowledge about China policy, market, products, channels, consumer’s preference and more.
- Strong experience on North American and Australian products, familiar with China major QSR, main food manufactories and retailers.
- Excellent track record with most customers gaining substaintial business growth in China.
- Graduated from Shanghai University, with a Bachelor in Business Management.