Food SA is feeding connections to help industry grow, unite, lead and sustain South Australia’s food industry into the future.
As the State’s peak industry body, Food SA aims to grow value and opportunities for members and industry through key services and programs.
Food SA was established in 2010 through the merger of long running industry associations – Food Adelaide and Flavour SA -bringing together the memberships, roles and staff and drawing domestic & international marketing and business development expertise into a single focal point and service delivery source for industry.
We are strategically co-located with SARDI at the Waite Campus with industry development and food technology staff embedded in the Food SA team to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery to industry.
Our focus is connecting businesses in the food industry with the services and expert advice they need to develop their businesses, grow their bottom line and connect with new markets.
Food SA is industry led and membership based; and also acts as a first point of contact for all of industry to access complementary services for non-members.
The creation of Food SA is a natural and necessary step for the maturing food sector in South Australia, providing an innovative model for the efficient and effective delivery of support to the sector and strong leadership.
Food SA’s role is to support and develop the sustainability and profitability of the dynamic food industry in SA. Through the provision of programs and services, Food SA will:
- Assist food companies to increase market options and grow profitability and be sustainable.
- Support the growth of entrepreneurial capacity and best practice processes for food companies.
- Increase market options for SA produced food and beverages.
- Foster connections between SA food companies and buyers domestically and internationally.
- Assist food companies strengthen brands and develop connections.
- Act as the voice for industry.