The 49th annual AIFST Convention, co-located with Foodtech Queensland will take place from Monday 27 June 2016 to Tuesday 28 June 2016 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland.
As the name highlights, the 2016 Convention will represent the 49th edition of this well-established and well-regarded Australian food industry event. The Convention will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 27 – 28 June 2016.
The Annual AIFST Convention gathers a delegation of around 500 food industry professionals. A key attraction of the 2016 Convention will be the co-location with Foodtech Queensland, the new trade event for the food and beverage manufacturing industry in Queensland.
The 49th Annual AIFST Convention will be focused on the theme of ‘The Pulse of the Industry’, ensuring the latest trends, innovations, technologies, challenges and opportunities are explored. In addition, the Convention will provide delegates the chance to hear firsthand case studies from the tried and tested.
Program highlights include:
- Phil Ruthven, IBISWorld: Macro Trends Driving the Food Industry
- Alistair Mclachlan, Preshafruit: High Pressure Processing
- Elliot Chapple, Pozible: Driving Digital Innovation through Crowdsourcing
- Maja Christiansen, Bruker: Mass Spec and the Confirmation of Microbiological Pathogens
- Josh Hemelaar, Gelita: Collagen – High Value Protein Products
- Mr Glen Neal, FSANZ: FSANZ Responses to the Changing Regulatory Landscape
- Ben Lyons, TSBE & Food Leaders Australia: Australia’s Direct Export Opportunities
- Andre Teixeira, CSIRO: Challenging the Innovation Thought Process
Delegates can also register to attend for individual or half days. Early bird registrations closes 9 May.