This 2 day event, Food for Specific Populations (Co-located with Fine Food Australia) is for everyone who wants to develop innovative products, to successfully meet the needs of specific populations.
Expert speakers from Diabetes Australia, Coeliac Australia, CSIRO, AFGC, Simplot, Coles, HealthShare NSW, Arthritis Australia, Bupa Australia, Deakin University, Danone, and Flavour Creations, will address:
- Commercial, technical and regulatory challenges in servicing the nutritional needs of specific populations
- Understanding and servicing allergic and intolerant populations
- Infant nutrition – development and delivery
- Elderly consumers and their needs at home and in care
Plus – Simon Bryant Chef and food commentator (the Cook and the Chef) will present ‘Offering consumers choice’.
Conference will close with a panel discussion; ‘How do we deliver personalised nutrition?’
Moderated by Professor Sandra Capra, School of Human Movement Studies, Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, University QLD, the panel includes:
- A/Professor Michael Mathai, Victoria University
- Dr David Topping, CSIRO, Animal, Food and Health Sciences
- A/Professor Paul Lewandowski, Deakin University
- Professor Maurice Moloney, CSIRO Agriculture, Food and Health
Date:17 and 18 September 2014
Venue: Hospitality Suite 1, Melbourne Exhibition Centre
Rate:There is a special member rate to attend for one or two days. Includes a networking function and access to Fine Food Australia exhibition.