CEO CONNECT WITH CATHERINE BARNETT
WANT TO DEVELOP GO-TO-MARKET PLANS FOR SOUTH EAST ASIA?
Food South Australia was successful in receiving an Asian Business Engagement grant to support the South Australian food industry enter new export markets. The Go to South East Asia market program will engage 15 food businesses with high export potential to South East Asia (specifically Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore), with the aim of analysing their competitive advantages and export readiness, including resources, capabilities and the external factors favouring or challenging their exports to this market. For those 15 companies, Food South Australia will provide expert coaching to develop go-to-market plans and contacts with selected in-market distributors to develop commercial opportunities. Participating businesses are expected to contribute $5,000 each towards the development of their go-to-market plans. They will also need to make a staff member available for the development of the plans as required and provide information to assess strengths, weaknesses and export readiness as the program progresses. Register your interest today.
JOIN FOOD SA AS AN EXPORT PROJECT COORDINATOR
Food SA is seeking an Export Project Coordinator to work with the SA food industry and stakeholders to maximise opportunities for food manufacturers to develop their export capabilities. This role will involve working closely with food manufacturers with export potential to South East Asian countries to analyse resources, capabilities and export readiness as well as monitoring the external factors favouring or challenging Australian food exports to South East Asia. Market intelligence analysis and in-market distributor research means you possess an understanding of the export opportunities available in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore for value added food products manufactured in South Australia. Applications close Friday 8 August. Download a copy of the Food SA Export Coordinator Position Description.
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR #SAFOOD BY VOTING
Congratulations to the businesses voted into the South Australian Food Industry Awards Program top 20 for the Brand South Australia Consumer Award. You can now vote in round two for one of the SA food businesses. Round two voting closes 30 September 2014. You can vote via the following channels:
- Web: safoodawards.com.au/consumer
- Facebook: Voting tab /safoodawards
- Twitter: Tweet name or # of business and include @safoodawards #ILoveSAFood
- SMS: Text the # number of business to 0447 FOODSA (0447 366 372)
The top twenty listed alphabetically with voting numbers are; #1. Barossa Fine Foods, #2. Barossa Valley Cheese Company, #3. Beerenberg Farm, #4. Bickford’s Australia, #5. Cummins Milling, #6. Enzo’s at Home, #7. Fruitwise, #8. Haigh’s Chocolates, #9. Humbugz Honey, #10. Kytons Bakery, #11. La Casa del Formaggio, #12. La Vera Cheese, #13. Laucke Flour Mills, #14. Lifestyle Bakery, #15. Lucia’s Fine Foods, #16. Nippy’s, #17. Spring Gully Foods, #18. Talinga Grove, #19. Tucker’s Natural, and #20. Woodside Cheese Wrights.
REGISTER NOW FOR SIAL 2015
Grow your sales and markets by exhibiting as part of the Australian stand at SIAL China on 6-8 May 2015, one of Asia’s largest meeting points for the food and beverage industry. Major market players from retail, catering, hotel, restaurant, catering, food service, importers and exporters attend the show. It is anticipated that over 50,000 professional buyers, 2,000 exhibitors from 90 countries will attend SIAL China 2015. Food SA will be coordinating an Australian Pavilion for the first time at this show in order to create a cohesive Australian presence to maximise opportunities. Please complete the registration of interest for a; 3×3 metre, 2×3 metre or the shared area.
STATE OF THE INDUSTRY SURVEY
The annual Food South Australia State of the Industry survey will be available in August for all members to complete. The survey is a very important tool for Food SA and we encourage completion by all members. The survey provides an understanding of the services required, so we can tailor membership and programs, helps prepare the annual State of the South Australian food industry report, which is provided to all members, and to help monitor the performance of industry through members, and provide them with customised, confidential individual reports. Please keep an eye out for the direct email in August and support us by completing.
PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT AT THE SHOW
This year the Royal Adelaide Show is celebrating their 175th birthday! With only a few places left, they are seeking exhibitors for the food and wine area of the Goyder Pavilion for Royal Adelaide Show 2014 to participate along with partners IGA. A demonstration kitchen and fashion parades ‘Tinker, Tailor Fashion Maker Through The Ages’ is also happening four times a day. Where else can you promote and sell product to over 500,000 show visitors? A 3x3m booth costs $3000 (complete with walls, carpet, fascia, power and lighting). Please contact Di Chalmers if you have further queries on email@example.com, or 82105225.
MEET OUR MEMBER: RILKA’S REAL FOODS
Our business manufactures and markets frozen food products that are healthy for all, particularly suited to diabetics and coeliacs, and taste great. They are gluten, wheat and yeast free, with no added sugar, fructose or preservatives, and are supported by a cooking school, eBooks and videos for educating consumers. Rilka Warbanoff, the Director and Owner of Rilka’s Real Food gives an insight into what she thinks is great about the SA food industry, her vision for the SA food industry along with her top three business tips.
- La Casa Del Formaggio announces $15.0M contract deal with SA Farmers
- San Remo inductied into the Family Business Australia Hall of Fame
- Leading local foodie re-appointed as ambassador for new fresh produce campaign
- Shinka Management: Lean Japan Tour
- Paroo Premium Kangaroo Outstanding Innovation winner at Produce Awards
- Moo Premium Foods yoghurt hits the Australian market
- Barossa Valley Brewing takes out top honours at the Royal Adelaide Beer Awards
- SA farming family, Thornby, wins Australia’s best lamb at Lambex 2014
- Menz Chocs up Australia’s biggest lolly mural
- The Cooks’ Base for SME food businesses
- Glenn Cooper retires as Coopers Executive
Food SA Events
- Facts on Japan FTA
- Reform options for SA Water’s Drinking Water and Sewerage Prices
- Office of the Industry Advocate’s next ‘Meet the Buyer’ event
- Industry advice needed regarding quality of training for Hospitality Cert II and III
- AFGC and AIFST present protecting your brands, business and back
- Survey for the Manufacturing Technologies Program
- Women in Innovation Awards celebrate unsung heroes
- Complete Leaders Institute of SA survey to win a prize
- Could you be Australia’s next MasterChef?
- Unique export project for South Australian Agri-food Leaders Alumni
- $694,000 in grants for SA food manufacturers
- Australian seafood is on the menu in Japan
- Innova Market Insights: Ingredients and mixes benefit from boom in home baking