The Australian Food and Grocery Council and Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology are presenting a one day event on ‘Protecting your brands, business and back: Governance issues for directors and officers of FMCG businesses’.
The business environment is more hazardous than ever. Regulatory requirements for good governance and product safety impose absolute obligations on companies. And consumers are more empowered and are ready to stand up for their rights if products don’t deliver or cause personal injury or harm.
Find out what you need to know, AIFST/AFGC joint event: Protecting your brands, business and back: Governance issues for officers and directors of FMCG businesses:
A one day event – proudly presented by the Australian Food and Grocery Council and the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology Inc. aimed to help you to understand;
- The legal obligations imposed by different regulatory frameworks on those responsible for governance and management of companies.
- The changing nature of real and perceived technical hazards and risks in FMCG and appropriate management responses.
- Limiting brand damage through appropriate messaging and management during crises.
- How to reduce regulatory risk and product risk through aligning business practices with legal obligations.
- How to be sure due diligence can be demonstrated when challenged and held to account.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Katherine Teh-White, Managing Director, Futureye. Katherine has extensive experience advising companies on how to protect their businesses beyond the normal regulatory requirements.
- Paul Zawa, General Manager, Enforcement Group Victoria and Tasmania, Enforcement and Compliance Division, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Paul oversees the ACCC’s enforcement of consumer protection laws, including court actions.
- Andrew Salgo, Partner, Baker McKenzie. Andrew advises companies on how to ensure compliance with ACCC requirements.
Date: Tuesday 5 August 2014
Time: 8.30am – 5pm followed by cocktails
Location: Park Royal Hotel, Melbourne Tullamarine airport
Cost: AFGC/AIFST/AICD members $950 (Ex GST), Non–members $1150 (Ex GST)