Our manufacturers face significant challenges. Now is the time to transform!
Register now for the second of these vital workshops.
Minister for Manufacturing, Innovation and Trade, The Hon Tom Kenyon MP
Key Note Address
Dr Alan Finkel AM, FIEAust, FTSE
President, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.
Chancellor, Monash University.
“What makes me Sad, Mad and Glad about Manufacturing and Innovation in Australia”
Mr Geoff Knight
CEO of DMITRE
“Manufacturing in South Australia – Challenges and Developments”
Session 1: Disruptive Technology – The role and potential of additive manufacturing
Hear from leading manufacturers already using this technology, CSIRO, and a strategic perspective from Prof Göran Roos. See examples of full production complex components.
Chair: Dr Craig Mudge FTSE
Strategic Initiatives, CSIRO
- Göran Roos: Chair, Advanced Manufacturing Council “A Strategic Perspective on Additive Manufacturing”
- Bruce Henshall, Project Coordinator, Aircommand Australia: “Use of 3D Printing for prototypes in air conditioner manufacturing”
- Jason Barkla, A W Bell: “Transformational use of additive manufacturing “
- John Barnes, Titanium Technologies Theme Leader Future Manufacturing Flagship CSIRO: “Experiences with CSIRO’s Titanium facility”
- Chad Henry, Additive Manufacturing Operations Manager, CSIRO: “Outreach experiences to date”
Session 2: Diversification – The imperative, challenges and success stories
Hear from Holden and Toyota, and leading automotive supply chain companies that have commenced the diversification journey.
Chair: Mr Will Angove
Former Federal Government Automotive Supplier Advocate
- GM Holden
- Toyota Australia
- Carl De Koning, Executive Manager, Corporate Affairs & Advanced Business Development, Futuris Australia
- Mr Olavi Rantala, Chief Executive Officer, Hella Australia
- Darrin Spinks, CEO, Precision Components
Session 3: Emerging Markets – The extraordinary potential of a South Australian shale gas industry
Learn about this major industry of the future and visualise how you may play a part!
Chair: Mr Reg Nelson
Managing Director, Beach Energy
- Barry Goldstein, Executive Director, Petroleum and Geothermal, DMITRE: “Vision of a South Australian Shale Gas Industry”
- Paul Goiak, Director, Industry Participation, DMITRE: “Supply chain mission to the US shale gas industry: Key Insights”
- Lou Dello, GM Oil and Offshore Business, Santos
- Carrie Trenbath, Beach Energy: “We’re doing it! Beach Energy at Work”
- TBA “The Role of ICT, Sensing and Electronics”
Further speaker and topic details coming soon. Registrations can be made online now.
Wednesday 12 February 2014
Adelaide Convention Centre
Adelaide SA 5000
Individual Regsitration $175
ATSE Fellows and Supporting Partner Member $150
Costs include GST per person
Register online now or contact the ATSE Office direct on 03 9864 0900