The Cellar Door Wine Festival is in its fourth year and features over 150 South Australian wineries from 15 wine regions across the State, ranging from internationally renowned brands through to niche boutique producers.
Food is a growing focus of this event, with a dedicated Tastes of South Australia exhibition area, showcasing South Australian food products. This dedicated food area hosts a range of food producers offering samples, and selling packaged value-added food products.
The Tastes of South Australia area provides a great opportunity for food producers to directly promote and sell their products, and interact directly with customers. With around 8000 visitors expected to attend the 2014 Cellar Door Wine Festival, the event will provide producers with a captive market of food and wine lovers.
The 2014 Cellar Door Wine Festival will be held on the following dates:
- Friday 14 February: 5.00pm – 9.00pm
- Saturday 15 February: 11.00am – 6.00pm
- Sunday 16 February: 11.00am – 6.00pm
PIRSA Support for Small & New Food Producers
To promote premium food from South Australia’s regions and to foster new growth in the food industry, Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is again the major sponsor of this event and is offering up to ten small food producers the opportunity to showcase and promote their brand and products at the Cellar Door Wine Festival in February 2014.
The New Producers’ Area was introduced by PIRSA for the 2013 Cellar Door Wine Festival and was one of the busiest areas at the Festival.
PIRSA is subsidising the exhibition cost to encourage these producers take part in this event. the cost is ordinarily $750 but will be reduced for PIRSA New Producer Area exhibitors to $150. This opportunity is being offered to businesses to assist in accessing an audience they previously have not had the opportunity to target, provide a platform to build their brand and therefore grow their business.
- A dedicated stand in the PIRSA ‘New Producers Area’ to display food products for sale and provide product tastings from Friday 14 February to Sunday 16 February
- Opportunity to showcase products on the ‘Meet the Maker demo stage.’
Please note: costs associated with travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the applicant.
How to Get Involved
Small or new food producers are encouraged to apply for a space in the PIRSA ‘New Producers Area’ at the 2014 Cellar Door Wine Festival. Businesses wishing to participate are to meet the following requirements:
- South Australian owned
- Products must be produced or made in South Australia and comprised predominantly of South Australian ingredients
- Capable and willing to grow their business and would benefit from exhibiting at a trade show
- Able to provide tastings / samples during the opening times of the Festival
- Sell value-added, fully packaged and labeled food products
- Notified as a food business with their local council and have a ABN / ACN
- Able to staff their stand during the Festival opening times
If you have any questions about whether your product would be suitable please contact PIRSA (details below).
If you would like to be considered please complete the PIRSA ‘New Producer’s Area’ application form and return it to PIRSA (attention Emily White, details below) by Friday 29 November 2013.
For More Information
Please feel free to contact Emily White at PIRSA if you have any questions about the PIRSA New Producers Area.
Emily White, Senior Project Officer, Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment
Tel: 08 8204 9514
Fax: 08 8463 3366
Mail: GPO Box 1671 Adelaide SA 5001