Food South Australia is an industry-led and membership based organisation, governed by a Board comprising experienced industry professionals. As the state’s peak industry body, Food South Australia aims to grow value and opportunities for members, and for the wider South Australian food and beverage industry, through the provision of support and programs designed to help you develop your business, grow your bottom line and connect with new markets.
Food South Australia was established in 2010 through the merger of long running industry associations – Food Adelaide and Flavour SA – drawing domestic and international marketing and business development expertise into a single focal point and service delivery source for our industry. The creation of Food South Australia was a natural and necessary step for the maturing food and beverage sector in South Australia, providing an innovative model for the efficient and effective delivery of support to the sector and strong leadership that is now recognised nationally as an example of best practice for industry growth and support.
We are strategically co-located with SARDI at the Waite Campus, with industry development and food technology staff embedded in the Food South Australia team to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery to industry.
Food South Australia’s role is to support and develop the sustainability and profitability of the dynamic food industry in South Australia. Through the provision of programs and services, Food South Australia will:
- Assist food companies to increase market options and grow profitability and be sustainable.
- Support the growth of entrepreneurial capacity and best practice processes for food companies.
- Increase market options for South Australian produced food and beverages.
- Foster connections between South Australian food and beverage companies and buyers domestically and internationally.
- Assist food companies to strengthen brands and develop connections.
- Act as the voice for industry.
Industry – Government collaboration
Food South Australia is supported by the State Government of South Australia with $1 million funding annually, in an industry and Government collaboration managed through PIRSA, designed to assist industry growth. Funding under this collaboration supports a range of programs, events and activities presented by Food South Australia each year.