Fresh, in-season vegetables deserve to be the centre of attention, or as this masterclass suggests, the hero on the plate. South Australia’s vast array of fresh, flavoursome vegetables makes it easy for chefs to make them the star of the show.
Matching the right vegetables with the right flavours and cooking methods is critical in making the most of the wide range of fresh produce so readily
Knowing how best to use this produce extends beyond the kitchen and plate.
- Get to know the local region, farmers and producers.
- Understand the local climate and its influence on food production.
- Read widely to help grow your own food philosophy.
- Observe fashion and design trends, and think of them in context with food texture and flavour presentation.
- Remember vegetable dishes can help balance the margins.